[TxMt] Re: All purpose CSS Image Drag Command

pierre pracht pierre.pracht at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 08:37:35 UTC 2006

I never really intend to suggest that all CSS Hacks must be in one
command. My first thought was the split of the Drag Command in different
scope. It would be easier for user to customize it for their own need.

I agree that snippets are far better place for CSS Hacks.
May be a separate bundle with an associated WEB site. So they would be
keep update and documented with people suggest and edit.

For KISS principle, why not use those scope :

string.quoted.single.css
   --> $TM_DROPPED_FILE

meta.property-value.css :
   with test :
     $TM_CURRENT_WORD=='url()'
     # aka variable.parameter.misc.css ?
       --> "'$TM_DROPPED_FILE'"
         #really need to quote ? (otherwise as needed)
         #can't url(^) give the right scope ?
   otherwise :
       --> url('$TM_DROPPED_FILE')

meta.property-list.css :
   # really need a full background declaration ?
   # why not let people use background snippet if they need it.
     --> background: url('$TM_DROPPED_FILE') no-repeat top left;
         # add width and height in a tab-stop
     --> width: ???px;
     --> height: ???px;
   # would be the place to do IFR and like

source.css, source.css.embedded.html :
   # build an id selector from images name
   img="$TM_DROPPED_FILE"
   base=${img##*/}
   --> #$base {
           background: #DDD url('$TM_DROPPED_FILE')
                       repeat/repeat-x/repe... ;
           /* add width and height in a tab-stop */
           width: ???px;
           height: ???px;
       }

meta.attribute-with-value.id.html :
   # to build an id from images name
   img="$TM_DROPPED_FILE"
   base=${img##*/}
   with test :
     string.quoted.double.html
       --> $base
     otherwise
       --> "$base"

meta.tag.block.any.html
   # to build an id and title from images name
   img="$TM_DROPPED_FILE"
   base=${img##*/}
   title=$(tr <<<${base%.*} '_-' ' '|perl -pe 's/(\w+)/\u$1/g')
   --> id="$base" title="$title"

to resume :
need to add a background to an HTML element :
   type background adjust setting and add image to value
want IFR and like :
   type or snip code and drop image in property list
   (get size)
Have slice for an element :
   drop it in HTML and CSS
   (get size, id, title)

Too bad that TextMate don't let you give a list of string to show as
tool tip on tab stop. Or better a function hook to compute completion on
each one.

Just a last idea, is it possible to filter key modifier inside drag
command ?

However, don't mind mind on these suggestions, HTML (as English) isn't
my main activity.

Best, pierre pracht