[TxMt] Re: Improving the Erlang bundle: Start and Stop matching at different levels

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Oct 21 16:29:31 UTC 2006

Mickael Remond wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been playing with the existing Erlang bundle to improve it a bit
> and I have trouble adding code folding.
>
> The last dot marks the end of the function.
> I know that the end of the function is not at the same indent level that
> the start marker, but this is always the case in Erlang.

In this case there's nothing you can currently do to get the folding to
work correctly other than making the end pattern include whitespace-only
lines as the python bundle does.

But this is a known problem (i.e. *lots* of languages have the same
types of indentation), and I think that in TM 2.0, allan will try to
make foldings more based on scope, instead of these folding patterns.
So your problem may be solved in a several months. :)

-Jacob