[TxMt] find/replace in column selection

Leo Brewin Leo.Brewin at sci.monash.edu.au
Thu Nov 9 04:58:25 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

I've just started using TextMate and I'm very very impressed. I've
noticed the following behaviour and I wonder if anybody could let me
know if this is a "feature" or  a bug.

I make a column selection and I replace "foo" with "foobar". This
increases the width of the column selection. Here is the problem --
any continuous text that passed through the column will now be broken
and expanded with spaces. This is not what I would expect and it will
seriously limit my use of find/replace in column selections.

Is this a bug? Or is it an operator error?

Thanks,
Leo