[TxMt] "Edit in TextMate" eating spaces

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Wed Nov 8 21:01:01 UTC 2006

This isn't a huge deal, but since it seems to have persisted through
a few TextMate releases and I didn't see it mentioned previously on
the list or in any tickets, I thought I'd ask about it. Does anyone
else end up with words merged together here and there when the text
is taken from an application into TextMate?

For example, if I try it on this message, the words "previously on"
in the first sentence get changed to "previouslyon".

I looked at the Input Manager and it seems to be a symlink into
TextMate.app, so it doesn't look like I'm using an old version or
anything. (I'm running 1324.) I primarily use ^⌘E from within Mail.
I don't know if this would happen with other apps or if it's Mail
specific. I don't recall the text ever getting messed up on the
return trip to the calling app (when I save in TextMate), but I can't
say for certain that it doesn't happen that way, too.

Rob