[TxMt] Noob: Snippets don't work?

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Fri May 19 19:56:27 UTC 2006

Thank you very much for your help!

On 5/19/06, Christopher Biagini <lists at assortedgeekery.com> wrote:

> Be sure to first select "Ruby on Rails" from the pop-up menu at the
> bottom of a document window, if it's not already selected. It's the
> menu that says "Plain" in a new, untitled document.

I had launched with a mate . in my rails app dir and opened a
controller. The menu said Ruby but I hadn't read or stumbled upon this
menu. I thought that the bottom was a status bar. Now the snippets are
working :)

> Once you do that, to use a snippet, type the shortcut (usually in
> parentheses after the title of the snippet), then press Tab. So
> typing in, say, "logi<tab>" results in:
>
>         logger.info "Current value is..."
>

> No. The DMG file is a disk image [1] and is merely a delivery vehicle
> for TextMate. When you double-click it, it is mounted as any other
> disk would be (such as a CD, if TextMate were sold in stores).
>
> Drag the TextMate application from the mounted image into your
> Applications folder to copy it there, and you can then "eject" the
> mounted disk and throw away the disk image. To get to your
> Applications folder, click the desktop to activate Finder and choose
> Go > Applications from the menu bar. From then on, you can launch
> TextMate from the Applications folder. If you want, you can also drag
> the TextMate icon from the Applications folder to the Dock at the
> bottom of the screen, and launch it from there.

This one I figured out and had installed Textmate to the Applications
folder after I posted. Thanks any how. Appreciate your time.

-bakki