[TxMt] Re: Questions from a BBEdit user considering switching

Jacob Rus jrus at fas.harvard.edu
Fri May 19 00:29:05 UTC 2006

Brian Tully wrote:
> Can TextMate accommodate BBEdit's "compare two front documents"
> function, either through some built-in function I don't know about or
> through some external bundle/workaround? If not, is this planned in a
> future release?

The easiest way I can think of is to open up [FileMerge][1], and drag
the two files’ icons from the title bars in TextMate into the “Left…”
and “Right…” fields of the FileMerge window, and click the “Compare” button.

This could likely easily be automated with a TextMate command offering a
list of open documents to compare with the current document, even
including the saved version of the current file with a bit of work.

-Jacob

[1]: /Developer/Applications/Utilities/FileMerge.app