[TxMt] smart Latex typesetting

Christoph Biela cbiela at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:00:43 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

do not get me wrong about this post, but I was wondering if someone
could
help me writing this TMscript. Or maybe it is honest to say write
this script.
The idea is the following:

- I have a big LaTeX project, so I divided the report in several
documents.
- Let's say:
	- master.tex
	- part1.tex
	- part2.tex
- Basically master.tex includes all following documents, so in case I
would typeset
the master.tex file I would get the whole document.
- There is a TM-function which allows me to set the master file in my
project, so that
typesetting any file (for example part1.tex) actually typesets the
master.tex file.
- But this takes time so it would be nicer to typeset just the file I
am working on right now.
- My Idea is:
	1) change the first line of part1.tex (and or part2.tex) to %%
TM_LATEX_COMMAND%% Head include %%
	2) add a line in the master.tex somewhere after \begin{document} : %%
TM_LATEX_COMMAND%% Head %%
	3) when typesetting the script looks for the line (see (2)).
		4a) if there is no "%%TM_LATEX_COMMAND%%Head%%" it will go on like
it does right now
	 	4b) if there is the line "%%TM_LATEX_COMMAND%%Head%%" then I takes
the lines before
	 		" %%TM_LATEX_COMMAND%% Head %% " and puts them on top of the
typsetted file. It also
			adds an \end{document} and then typesets all.
- what I do not know is how pdfsync works then, but since I do not
know how to write this little
script I could not try out.

It would be great if someone could help me or send the website where
this is already posted.
However, I would also appreciate some helpful comments on how to
write the script by myself.

Tanks
Christoph

~~~~~