[TxMt] TextMate selectively refuses to open files.

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Mar 19 01:04:44 UTC 2006

On 18/3/2006, at 20:55, Josh DiMauro wrote:

> [...] You get a blank tab. Clicking on that tab _does_ display the
> file:

I think what happens here is that an exception is thrown somewhere in
the “load/setup file” phase, which is causing the strange behavior.

If you open Console.app you will be able to see if such exception was
thrown and what it is named (please quote it here).

If the problem is an exception, my guess would be that something in
the preferences is corrupt, and causing it. A quick test would be to
rename:

    ~/Library/Preferences/com.macromates.textmate.plist

If this is the problem, please send me the old file (off list, as it
contains your license information) so I can further diagnose it.