[TxMt] select paragraph and line

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Mar 8 03:59:57 UTC 2006

On 8/3/2006, at 4:46, Oliver Taylor wrote:

When not using soft wrap, Select Paragraph will select up/down to
blank lines. With soft wrap enabled, it is the same as Select Line.

> I expected that 'select›paragraph' would not select the newline at
> the end of the string, leaving me free to delete a block of text
> and not remove the line itself from the document. This (expected)
> behavior would really be nice for some macros I'm working on.

There actually is a “moveToEndOfParagraphAndModifySelection:” action,
but it is not bound to any key, so unless you either edit your key
bindings file (to give it a key) or edit the macro after having
recorded it [1], it is unreachable.

Neither of this is of course ideal, but it’s an option :)

[1] e.g. record: ctrl-A, shift-ctrl-right, delete, and afterwards
save it, and locate the file on disk, edit that by changing the
moveToEndOfLineAndModifySelection: to use Paragraph instead. Relaunch
TextMate after that, to have it read the new macro.