[TxMt] "New Folder" shortcut broken?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Mar 6 17:22:26 UTC 2006

On 6/3/2006, at 18:09, Benjamin Jackson wrote:

> It seems that the CMD-CTL-G "New Folder" shortcut isn't working. Is
> anyone else having this problem, or is it just me? Cheers,

It will work if you first open the menu in the drawer once, of course
this is not very useful.

This is a problem with the f… key handling of Cocoa / OS X -- I can
add my own handling of the menu keys, but that handling won’t be able
to correctly support the Dvorak/Qwerty keymap hybrid, which is why I
removed this handling.

The only solution is to have the items in the top menu and let the
Carbon Menu Manager do all the magic keyboard handling that Cocoa
applications can’t do -- I will do this in the 2.0 relayout of
things. For now I just left the current stuff as-is, hoping it
wouldn’t be too big a frustration for keyboard users.

The reason the New File… shortcut works is that I hide that item
behind New Project in the File menu -- item hiding like this though
only works when the actual key is the same, so there was no obvious
place for the other items.