[TxMt] find in project text field

minimal.design textmate at minimaldesign.net
Sun Mar 5 01:49:46 UTC 2006

>> In the regular find window, there's that arrow button you can click
>> to get a multi line text field where to enter your search query,
>> but I don't see it when I do a search in whole project, which is
>> kind of a pain when looking for lengthy pieces of code...
>
> Do you know command-E? It places the selection on the find clipboard.
> 99% of the time, I want to find something which is already in my
> source, and never actually type it in the find dialog text fields

Thanks for the tip.  But the situation I'm often confronted to in my
job is editing whole sites coded by others that have the same exact
HTML on millions of pages and I really need to use the project wide
search and replace feature in order to be anywhere close to
productive... If there's is any chance to implement the same collapse
window thinggy from the regular search in the future, it would be
great. Thanks again for your help.