[TxMt] find in project text field

Tobias Jung newsgr at tobiasjung.net
Sun Mar 5 15:01:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm new on this list and a new TextMate User.
Because development seems to have stopped on my favourite text editor (or
what was my favourite text editor until now :-)), I tried every MacOS text
editor that I could find... and decided that TextMate has the potential to
become my new favourite.

Now, on topic:
At 20:49 Uhr -0500 04.03.2006, minimal.design wrote:
> But the situation I'm often confronted to in my job is editing whole
>sites coded by others that have the same exact HTML on millions of pages
>and I really need to use the project wide search and replace feature in
>order to be anywhere close to productive...

Use the regular find window with the multi line text field to enter your
search/replace phrase and use it on a single file. Then, open the "Find in
project" window. You'll see that your search/replace phrase is already
entered in the single line text field.

> If there's is any chance to
>implement the same collapse window thinggy from the regular search in the
>future, it would be great.

I agree, that'd be even better than the "workaround" mentioned above.

Kind regards,
Tobias Jung