[TxMt] double-click to select matching delimiters?

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Jan 24 14:49:31 UTC 2006

On Jan 24, 2006, at 7:58 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 24/1/2006, at 6:56, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
>> [....] I noticed that you can do this by placing the cursor in the
>> right place and typing cmd-shft-b, but it is much easier to double-
>> click to get the same result. This has also been requested in the
>> wiki, but I couldn't find a response -- is something like this
>> planned?
>
> It's a noted request and will be implemented eventually.

Cool. Thank you.

> As for what's easier, that's certainly not objective.

No it is not, but give enough time and money, one could do a study
and find out what is easiest for the largest group of users. The fact
that so many editors already do this does indicate that a large
number of people do at least *like* being able to double-clicking
delimiters to find matching pairs. :-)

-- Gary