[TxMt] Re: New Bundle

Oliver Taylor oliver at ollieman.net
Tue Jan 24 09:08:04 UTC 2006

Haris wrote:
> Oliver,
>
> The screencast is very nice!
> The main problem for me is that I don't know the first thing about
> what things a screenwriting bundle should be doing. If you ask very
> particular questions about how certain tasks could be accomplished,
> I'm sure you'll find that lots of people will be able to help you.
> But most of us are just not familiar with screenwriting software,
> and screenplay formats in general. I actually looked at your bundle
> the last time you posted, but couldn't really understand what most
> commands are for, since I've never in my life seen a screenplay.
> Seeing the screencast makes some things click.
> So please, set some particular goals for commands/conversion tools,
> and you have a good chance of getting people to help out. For
> instance, what would you want the conversion tool to do? Give us
> some examples of how the result should look.
> You've done a great work so far, and it would be nice to see this
> bundle pushed even further.
>
> Haris

Okay, I guess most people had no idea what I was doing when I posted
my screenwriting bundle because I didn't describe what the bundle
does and how it does it. My mistake.

I've posted a new screencast that goes into much more detail
regarding what I the bundle to be able to do. Grab it here: http://
www.ollieman.net/files/screencast2.mp4

The ultimate goal is to end up with a PDF which contains text that
conforms to the Studio Format. The Studio Format is a industry-
standard layout which all professional screenwriters work in and is
the very purpose of screenwriting software. Fortunately for us, the
format is very strict as it is modeled after what a typewriter is
capable of.

You can find more information on the Studio Format and an example of
it at http://www.ollieman.net/files/bundles/

---

In another screencast, I intro the bundle and what it's designed to
do from a writer's perspective. Grab it here: http://www.ollieman.net/
files/screencast-intro.mp