[TxMt] HTML/CSS/Markdown suggestions

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jan 24 03:44:16 UTC 2006

On 12/1/2006, at 18:03, Soryu wrote:

> # Experimental/CSS
>
> What about those Experimental Bundles? I use the CSS syntax from
> there and it would be nicer if it was in the CSS bundle. Because
> calling the Gear (Bundle Stuff) menu (Control-Escape) puts you
> there and not in the CSS bundle. The experimental CSS syntax has
> been around for quite some time and I wonder if it still is work in
> progress? It seems to be better than the official CSS Syntax anyway.

Max can probably comment on this -- I think he had some reservations
about making the syntax official, and I made some changes which lost
all the ASCII plist comments (although they're still in the
repository) which contained his to-do.

> # Markdown
>
> ## Suggestion: Markdown with [SmartyPants](http://
> daringfireball.net/projects/smartypants/)
>
> “Preview”/“Preview in Browser” or “Convert Document/Seletion to HTML”
> Pipe it through `Smartypants.pl` (must be added to the repos.) to
> have nicer HTML.
> There should not be any problems so one could add it to the default
> commands instead of creating an additional variant with SmartyPants.
> I wonder why John Gruber did not combine them in the first place.

Is SmartyPants safe for code? I.e. I often have some form of code or
data format listed in my Markdown files where " means " and ' means
'. When I want “curly quotes” I type that. Though I don't use the
nicer ’ character.