[TxMt] UI - redistributing the density

Kamen Nedev k_men at gmx.net
Sat Feb 25 12:06:05 UTC 2006

Excuse me for butting in again. I'm trying to reach a useful level of
abstraction here.  I, too, would like TM to do everything and then
sing me a nursery rhyme in bed. But it seems the TM philosophy,
unlike BBEdit or Emacs, is actually closer to the Unix K.I.S.S.
principle: use other apps for ftp/ssh access, document validation,
tags, etc., and make TM a component in an effective system.

QuickSilver is just one (graphical, top-level) way to do this. The
Unix shell is another. This conflict (creeping featuritis vs. good
component integration) is not unique to TM, but, as a relative
newcomer to the field, a lot of this is yet to be solved.

Me, I prefer the K.I.S.S. approach: leave the complexity of the
problem field in the problem field,  use a set of simple tools and
operations to freely map it out in the solution field, and then solve
it.

Just my 2 cents.

Best,

Kamen