[TxMt] UI

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Feb 8 23:41:05 UTC 2006

On 8/2/2006, at 9:49, Nicholas Cole wrote:

> [ Status bar action menu ]
> […] Is there any way it could be made more obvious?

I could add some gravitational pull and make it blink and howl as the
mouse gets pulled in ;)

Seriously though, placing it in the top (as a tool bar item) with the
function pop-up is something I am likely going to do (partly due to
how the menus misbehave when the status bar is near the bottom of the
visible screen rectangle).

I am aware of the panel (and drawer) ideas for bundle items (brought
up in this thread), though it does not address the main issue here
(that users may not find the action menu in the first place).

As to adding utility windows, that may come, but currently I'm not
too happy with the ideas I have for setting up that stuff, though
honestly I just haven't spent much time considering possible ways, as
I don't think it's the most pressing issue ATM, and I have some more
long-term plans of changing bundle “editing”, activation of items,
etc., and I plan to give the issue more thoughts at that time.