[TxMt] Find/Replace Variables in Document?

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Mon Feb 20 07:08:27 UTC 2006

On Feb 19, 2006, at 10:05 PM, Court K wrote:

> Uh I actually don't care about cost.

Then why did you say TextMate's price is way too steep?

> Every text editor I've used EXCEPT textmate can do this. BBEdit,
> SkEdit, SubEthEdit, any of the decent ones.

I expect the feature is coming in 2.0 (note the 6th paragraph):
http://macromates.com/blog/archives/2006/02/15/future-directions/

> I mean who actually is editing files that ARE NOT going to end up
> on the internet?

Me. I mostly use TextMate for LaTeX documents and source code, and
although these files might "end up" on the Internet (inside a zip
file, for instance), I  don't need remote editing support for them.

> I'd like to buy textmate, but I won't until it has some sort of
> integration like this. Right now I have to download the file, edit
> it, reupload it, I'd just like to hit "Save" and know that it's
> saved onto the remote server automatically.

I use WebDAV for this.

Trevor