[TxMt] projects on remote servers

minimal.design textmate at minimaldesign.net
Wed Feb 15 00:10:25 UTC 2006

I looked through the mailing list history and I know the whole FTP
integrated thing has been talked about a lot already but hear me out;

I just started working for this company where I HAVE to work off of
the server.  I don't like it, but that's the way it's gonna have to
be for now (working on it though ;)

So I tried to figure out a way to work with project windows off of
the server and discovered it was impossible...  What I do now, is
open all the files via FTP and then drag them to an empty project and
hide all the windows.  It's a major pain but I do it once in the
morning and leave it open all day so that's not too bad.
What I would like to know is if there's a way I could automatize the
process, some sort of "add all open windows to empty project" type
macro or something along those lines. Not as good as being able to
save projects on remote servers, but it would be good enough for now...

I also read that someone had some kind of Perl/rsynch combo that sort
of mimicked the project on server idea, but I couldn't find enough
info to get anything working.

Any help in optimizing a remote type workflow would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks!

(As a side note, I almost got my boss to switch from BBEdit, but the
whole remote project issue blew it.)

Yann