[TxMt] Tag Changed line

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 8 17:06:21 UTC 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 10:44 AM, Patrick Mast wrote:

> I have a DOS (Windows console mode) editor of 1980 and THEY can do
> it, so, now in 2006 with OSX, I'm sure it's possible ;-)

It is theoretically possible of course to write an editor that does
this. None of the editors I have seen currently does it. ASAIK
TextMate does not do this, and the current Bundles support does not
allow anything like that, so it is something that noone but allan can
do anything about. You can always ask it as a feature request, but I
am not sure how high in the priority list it would be. Allan has a
number of high-priority tasks on the list atm.

But I am curious, how do you find this more useful than the diff
functionality? I've never seen any editor do that, and I can't
personally think of many use cases, nor have I seen anyone else ask
this before. What specifically would you use this for, that the diff
functionality is inconvenient for? Maybe we could suggest some other
ways of approaching it.
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Patrick Mast,