[TxMt] Re: Submit new bundle?

cormullion at mac.com cormullion at mac.com
Sun Aug 13 08:14:44 UTC 2006

On 2006-08-13, at 03:16, Jacob Rus wrote:

> cormullion at mac.com wrote:
>> I'd like to submit a newLISP bundle to the central mainframe...
>> Are there instructions anywhere on how to do it? (I downloaded
>> subversion so that might be a necessary first step.)
>
> Rather than making a new bundle, I recommend you try to add your
> stuff to the existing lisp bundle, so that commands/snippets/etc.
> that work for both can be shared.

Hi Jacob. Yes, I think this is a good idea - certainly in theory. In
practice, though, I don't know enough about the main Lisp bundle, how
to resolve obvious differences in syntax, and wouldn't in any case be
able to test any changes, not having a Lisp system installed. Also,
getting it wrong could bring down upon my head the not inconsiderable
ire of the Lisp fraternity, like the poor bloke who was given a
little more advice than he asked for - <http://www.redmountainsw.com/
wordpress/archives/lisp-usenet-almost-wipes-newbies-hd>.

But I think it's a valid goal, nevertheless.

--
(<http://newlisper.blogspot.com/>)