[TxMt] Re: Spinning beach ball for 10-20 seconds on TM focus

Chris Poirier cpoirier at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 16:27:01 UTC 2006

Hi Sean,

> Thanks Ben -- I think my situation may be different though. My app
> isn't writing any logs.
>
> Any other thoughts?
>
> Sean

I have the problem on my iBook, but not on my Mini.  TextMate rescans
the entire project directory structure for changes *every* time the
window is focussed.  To my knowledge, there is currently no way to
turn this behaviour off, except to create the project by dragging
individual files into the project, instead of whole directories.  It's
a PITA, but my understanding is that will stop the project reloading
on focus.  At the very least, trying it that way would help you figure
out if this is a new problem or not.

Regards,
   Chris.