[TxMt] bug: auto complete in overwrite mode does insertion

Gavin Kistner gavin at refinery.com
Mon Sep 19 12:46:30 UTC 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 5:21 AM, Sune Foldager wrote:
> I agree... and what is overwrite mode good for anyway, by the
> way? :-p.

ASCII diagrams or anal-retentive-attention-to-cosmetic-formatting are
the only cases I've ever used it for. The only sort of case where I
can imagine combining overwrite mode with auto-complete would be a
case like this:

function foo( ){

function beejergle_jaggle( ){

(For those not using a monospace font, there are the same number of
characters in each comment line, where the longer function name has
replaced asterisks.)