[TxMt] TM creates

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Sep 13 14:54:29 UTC 2005

On 13/09/2005, at 16.34, Gavin Kistner wrote:

> Does this technote only apply to .DS_Store, or also to dot-
> underscore files?

Quite sure it doesn't affect this, since this is tar (and zip) which
use Darwin API to query the file for extended attributes (and
resources forks) to store in the archive (as what I think is
AppleDouble).

Actually, I just looked at zip, and for zip archives you can disable
this using -X.

I don't see a similar option for tar, if someone needs it, I'd
suggest filling an enhancement report with Apple: http://
radar.apple.com/ (or as mentioned in my previous letter, getting a
non-Apple blessed version of tar).