[TxMt] Screwed up my ruby integration - help!

Gavin Kistner gavin at refinery.com
Sat Sep 10 17:34:24 UTC 2005

On Sep 10, 2005, at 11:08 AM, Mathias Meyer wrote:
> Since TextMate is not a console application, I reckon it relies on
> the PATH variable set (or changed) via the ~/.MacOSX/
> environment.plist file (I recommend using RCEnvironment [1] for
> changing it).

Ah, I'd forgotten about that. Thanks, will try.

> But another resolution to the ri problem could be just pointing the
> TextMate command to /usr/local/bin/ri instead of /usr/bin/ri ;)
> If ri has been installed together with Ruby in /usr/local, it will
> most likely use the corresponding Ruby installation.

Yup, that's the resolution I'm aiming for, hence my question about
paths. /usr/local/bin/ri is installed as part of a standard ruby
build, and does already start with "#!/usr/local/bin/ruby". If I can
get TextMate to choose that based on my desired path resolution, then
I should be good to go on that front.

Thanks again for your help,