[TxMt] Screwed up my ruby integration - help!

Mathias Meyer mm at beatsteaks.de
Sat Sep 10 17:08:32 UTC 2005

On 10.09.2005, at 18:57, Gavin Kistner wrote:

> Since my default shell is tcsh, where do I need to put the command
> to modify the path env variable that textmate is using?

Since TextMate is not a console application, I reckon it relies on
the PATH variable set (or changed) via the ~/.MacOSX/
environment.plist file (I recommend using RCEnvironment [1] for
changing it). But another resolution to the ri problem could be just
pointing the TextMate command to /usr/local/bin/ri instead of /usr/
bin/ri ;)
If ri has been installed together with Ruby in /usr/local, it will
most likely use the corresponding Ruby installation.

Cheers, Mathias

[1] http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCEnvironment/
--
"Cant cast a void type to type void (because the ANSI spec. says so,
thats why)" -- Apple MPW C Compiler