[TxMt] Lisp programming w/ tm (?)

Christopher Petrilli petrilli at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 02:51:17 UTC 2005

On 10/18/05, Steve Lianoglou <lists at arachnedesign.net> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Just wondering if anyone out there is using TextMate for lisp
> programming ... ?

Steve,

I am a Lisp programmer (one of two, so I hear), and I would say that
99.95% of the Lisp world works in Emacs, or a derivitive of Emacs that
ships with some of the commercial Lisp.  This is largely historical,
but it's also because SLIME (the Lisp-envrionment in Emacs) is truly
excellent.  There's nothing stopping you from using TextMate, and I've
certainly looked at some code with it, but I'd never think of using it
as part of my dev environment.

I do, however, use it for Python, Ruby and some other stuff.

Chris