[TxMt] includes in completions and exclusive completions

Max Williams max at machinate.org
Sun May 22 16:34:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

Would it be possible to have included files in code-completion
settings in the theme editor.

I'm thinking of making property-specific completions for the css
syntax, and it would be helpful if frequently used sets of keywords
could be included as often as necessary to avoid it being really
massive. (things like colours, units, top left right etc.)

Also, on a similar note, would it be possible to block general
completions for a specific scope, ie. have a property such as
"use_general_comps" which could be set to 0. I find that pressing
escape often brings up options that shouldn't be present in the
particular scope, but are in other parts of the document.
eg:
.blah {
     font-color: black;
}
#foo {
     display: b<esc>
}

Pressing escape after "display: b" would offer "block", as part of
the 'display' property's completions, but would not suggest "blah"
from the class of the other selector, or even "black" from the font-
color's value. In a big file you can end up going through loads of
unnecessary stuff when one press is all that's necessary. (I know i
could type "blo" and then esc, but that's more typing).

In my opinion, for the way I work, this would be a very fast system
of coding.

Thanks,
Max