[TxMt] html snippets, why the selected text part?

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Sat May 21 22:50:30 UTC 2005

> Maybe then it would make sense to also bind all those snippets to
> the same key equivalent, maybe in fact Ctrl-Shift-W, in addition to
> their tab triggers? This way the user can select the text, and then
> get to choose from a nice list of all the tags they might want to
> wrap that text around, or to chose to use a custom tag

As one data point, more often than not I write HTML text and then
realize I have to style it a certain way. So the functionality you're
talking about is pretty crucial to me. In fact, I've just written my
own little macros to wrap text and have been staying away from tab
trigger snippets.  I didn't fully realize you could wrap text with
snippets. Go figure.

best, Eric
---
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu