[TxMt] html snippets, why the selected text part?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon May 23 17:47:53 UTC 2005

On May 22, 2005, at 21:36, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Then how about two snippets, a "Wrap selection in tag", and a "wrap
> selection in tag with attributes"? Or perhaps an alternative to
> ctrl-space, which would allow you to enter an attribute too?

That sounds reasonable.  Actually, for the ctrl-space macro it could
also be extended so that it automatically detects tags that are
likely to want an argument. It already detects whether or not the tag
needs a close tag.

> It might be a good idea maybe to have a page on the wiki, where
> people can write tutorials on how they've accomplished various
> things with snippets. [...]

Yeah... actually I did write a longer tutorial trying to get around
the aspects of snippets, but I forgot to add it for b9 ;)