[TxMt] (S)FTP & TM Extensibility

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Thu Mar 24 13:41:19 UTC 2005

While we're talking about crazy ideas:

I have this vision and have no idea of how to do it or if it is even
possible.
Someone remarked a while ago that most people edit files locally, or use
(s)ftp to edit them and make small changes with ssh & their favorite
terminal editor.
Now would it be possible to ssh to a remote host and issue a command
there that would allow you to edit remote files on your own machine with TM?

It might be a bad habit of me, but if I want to do anything on a remote
host, I always ssh in, edit files, issue commands and edit some more
files. I could of course use Fugu/Transmit or something else to edit
those files, but then I'm working with two sessions where each has his
own working environment etc. So, it's just too much of a hassle for me to
edit remote files in TM, even though I would like to.

Jeroen.