[TxMt] (S)FTP & TM Extensibility

Will Prater lists-wp at mercurycloud.net
Thu Mar 24 22:44:04 UTC 2005

On Mar 24, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Tom Lazar wrote:

> On 24.03.2005, at 05:52, Will Prater wrote:
>
>> That is a great find.
>
> ah, tobias beat me to it ;-)
>
>> We could possibly use this within a plugin environment (assuming it
>> compiles on OSX)
>
> seeing that it's actually an extension of the linux kernel, my guess
> is: no way!
>
> the only chance see here is somebody developing something like that
> for Darwin or Apple implementing it themselves (or hell freezing over,
> come to think of it...)
>
>> .  Then the side drawer will automatically act as a project for
>> remote development environments!
>
> and wouldn't that be grand? ;-)
>
> oh well, a man can dream...

Well, its already possible.  With Interacrchy; I create an SFTP disk
and drag the location of it to my projects directory.  I am not editing
files on an SFTP disk.  The saves are not done in real time, rather
there are integrity check to see if the files have been editing and
then posted to the server.  Using this method I can use the wonderful
SVN bundles within TM and editing the files on the remote server
development environment.

;-]

-WP3

(c) +1 (206) 226-5198