[TxMt] TextMate as a PHP editor

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 15:55:38 UTC 2005

On 8 Mar 2005, at 14:45, Bruno Bronosky wrote:
> Is it possible to to highlight PHP and HTML at the same time.  The
> only way to get HTML to highlight (that I can find) is to use the
> syntax "HTML (Basic)".  There is a "PHP" and an "HTML (PHP)", but they
> both render the HTML as gray.

Yes absolutely!! although within some minor limitations, which
hopefully will be sorted by TM 1.1b6 or later, which is due to
recursion problems with the current syntax engine.

There is a complete syntax bundle for PHP dev's which contains PHP,
HMTL, CSS & JS syntax's that are fairly similar in style and works well
together, and trust me they are far from gray. :)

You can find that bundle on the Bundle Repository:

If you have Subversion installed you just copy this to Terminal:

svn checkout --username anon --password anon
http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/PHP.tmbundle
~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles/PHP.tmbundle

If you don't have Subversion, just send me an e-mail and I'll send you
the bundle off-list.

What version of TM do you have installed ????

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -