[TxMt] Feature suggestion: Open file as edit vs. browse

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Jan 31 17:44:49 UTC 2005

On Jan 31, 2005, at 18:31, Chris Messina wrote:

> I notice that on many beta lists, feature requests come in over and
> over again during the life of the list. Archives help and it's nice to
> have a pulse on the most requested features, but it's also nice to
> know what's up and coming -- and what's already been requested.

Yes, I'll most likely create a request tracker in not so long. I know
ready-to-use packages exist, but I really do not like any of these, and
it's far to much work for me to maintain these (I don't want to go to a
web-page to administrate my stuff) and I don't think they generally
make a very good job at providing a transparent list of requests (with
status) to other users.

So I'm thinking something super simple where the user just fills out a
summary and description and I'll do a reject/accept on the item when I
feel like it. No need to require users to create accounts etc.

Then we can always let it evolve from there, like allow other users to
add comments/votes, I may add an ETA (in form of a version number, but
I'll generally like to avoid that) etc. -- and maybe I'll end up with
Bugzilla, but let's pray I don't ;)