[TxMt] How to open Textmate from external program with specific caret position?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Jan 29 05:40:14 UTC 2005

On Jan 29, 2005, at 2:16, Joachim Mårtensson wrote:

> [...] I want it to open in TextMate, place the caret on a specific
> line and scroll down to that line, just like for example xcode does
> when double clicking in the error list.
> Is there some way to accomplish this (preferably from Cocoa)?

Xcode is using a subset of Metro Works external editor API which
TextMate supports:
http://codingmonkeys.de/techpubs/externaleditor/pbxexternaleditor.html

Basically you need to send it an 'odoc' apple event with an extra
keyAEPosition parameter.

An example of sending the event from Cocoa (but w/o this extra
parameter) can be found here: http://gusmueller.com/odb/