[TxMt] How to open Textmate from external program with specific caret position?

Joachim Mårtensson joachimm at etek.chalmers.se
Sat Jan 29 01:16:06 UTC 2005

I have been writing a little app that lists text files. When I double
click the NSTableView containing the file name I want it to open in
TextMate, place the caret on a specific line and scroll down to that line,
just like for example xcode does when double clicking in the error list.
Is there some way to accomplish this (preferably from Cocoa)? I don`t have
any problems opening the file in TextMate. Its the caret positioning that
is getting to me.

Joachim