[TxMt] Small feature request: Show full path of file somewhere

Simon Gregory simon at helvector.org
Thu Feb 17 12:24:58 UTC 2005

On 17 Feb 2005, at 11:52 am, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I don't like having the full path in the title because it's
> non-standard (and ugly ;) ). But I do see the problem, so yesterday on
> IRC I think there was consensus that a good solution would be, that I
> only show full path, when more than one file is open with the same
> name.

I'm also against the full path option for the same reasons. It'd get
real messy.

A quick thought I had is that the file path could be kept as short as
possible by showing it to the point where it becomes unique. So instead
of the full path:

/Users/Simon/Documents/Code/AS/org/helvector/date/util/Compare.as
/Users/Simon/Documents/Code/AS/org/helvector/currency/util/Compare.as

they're cut down to

date/util/Compare.as
currency/util/Compare.as