[TxMt] How to actually do a diff in TextMate?

Michael A. Alderete lists-2003 at alderete.com
Tue Dec 20 17:20:50 UTC 2005

>> (I read the manual, did a search of the archives for "diff
>> FileMerge" and read all hits before writing this email, and I have
>> also tried a couple of the Diff commands in the Subversion bundle.)
>
>I added a small section about the Diff bundle that Steve mentioned
>(which is included as one of the default bundles): http://
>macromates.com/textmate/manual/bundles.html#diff
>
>There is a command to open FileMerge with the two files selected in
>the project drawer.

<laughter /> Well I'll be damned. I spent 45 minutes reviewing the mailing
list (search string: "diff FileMerge") and the new manual, and never saw a
reference to the Diff bundle (which is indeed included in the defaults),
just the Subversion diff commands. And so I completely missed the Diff
bundle!

>From the sound of it, this is exactly what I am looking for; I will give it
a go, and start documenting this evening.

Thanks!

Michael