[TxMt] [ feature request ] dragging text selection - customizable hold time

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Thu Aug 18 15:04:21 UTC 2005

On 18/08/2005, at 16.49, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 18/08/2005, at 15.02, minimal.design wrote:
>

>> I realize that I have to click+hold a little bit before I can drag
>> [...] Was this delay before drag implemented on purpose?
>>

> Yes -- I can't speak for Carbon applications, but it's how the rest
> of the OS does it.

IMO the delay is very minute. Not having it is a pain, I tried that
(don't remember what program, and it might have been on Windows). I
kept dragging text around when I wanted to make a new selection
(after selecting one letter too many or too few before). So I for one
am for the delay! :-).

While I am not exactly opposed to making it a pref item, I can come
up with a list of things I'd like to see in prefs before this one, if
keeping it simple is a factor.

-- Sune.