[TxMt] Column typing bug?

William D.Neumann wdnx at unm.edu
Fri Apr 15 20:29:24 UTC 2005

I believe I've found a bug with the column typing environment in TM.

Take a set of lines, e.g.

	Example one.
	Example two.
	Example three.

Now, say you want to change that to

	Text example one.
	Text example two.
	Text example three.

So you select the first two lines and hit option to go into column
typing for prepending to all of the lines, and you type "Text ", this
gives you:

	Text Example one.
	Text Example two.
	Text Example three.

Now you want to change the capitalization on "Example", so you hit
forward delete[1], and type in an "e".  But instead of getting what you
want, you get:

	Text example one.
	Text eExample two.
	Text eExample three.

That is, forward delete (unlike backspace) only affects the line with
the cursor in it, and not all of the lines in the column.  I assume
this is a bug, and not some logical behavior that I just don't
understand, right?

[1] Note, I'm working on an old PowerBook, so I'm using fn-delete for
forward delete.

William D. Neumann

"You've got Rita Marlowe in the palm of your hand."
"Palm of my hand?  You haven't seen Rita Marlowe..."

		-- Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?