[TxMt] Column typing bug?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Apr 16 20:49:04 UTC 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 22:29, William D.Neumann wrote:

> I believe I've found a bug with the column typing environment in TM.
>
> [...] you hit forward delete[1], and type in an "e".  But instead of
> getting what you want, you get [...]

This is by design. Everything that causes text outside what you've
typed yourself while column-typing was enabled, will disable column
typing (similar to if the caret was moved outside the new text).

I see how the behavior expected could be expected, but it opens up a
can of worms. E.g. what if you had blank lines among the selection,
should it then forward delete the \n, or not do anything on these
lines? what if you do a transformation on the character to the right of
the caret (e.g. ctrl-g to change case), should that then also be
mirrored? what if you select the character and overtype it etc.