[TxMt] find settings

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Dec 31 04:40:28 UTC 2004

On Dec 30, 2004, at 1:41, David Tolpin wrote:

> When TextMate is running, I still can use Find in another program,
> such as Mail or Safari. In which case Regular Expression remains
> selected, but the string is not what was entered.

That's actually an oversight -- I thought I had it clear the regex flag
when the string was externally changed. It's fixed in 1.1b1 :)

> I believe that the right behavior is to keep the setting for Regular
> Expressions. Alternatively, a consistent approach would be to drop it
> every time the clipbroad gets a new value not from the manual input
> with RE set.

Yes, this is how it's supposed to act, and currently does for 1.1b1.
This also applies to 'across sessions'. Previously it would, as said,
just always clear the regex flag across sessions, but now it actually
checks if the find string has been changed since the last session.

> What about Command-Option-F /Command-Option-G for regular expression
> search/replace; not interacting with Find clipboard, and just
> Option-F/Option-G for literal search/replace?

I'm almost certain it'd put to much mental overhead on a search
operation, having to use different keys depending on search options.