[TxMt] Help with LaTeX-build command

otheraccount at verizon.net otheraccount at verizon.net
Thu Dec 30 18:49:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm attaching the compile script I use, or actually combination of scripts.
The compile script expects to get nothing as input and discards its output,
and the 'save active file before running command' thing should be on. The
command that runs it is:

	compile-tm "$TM_FILEPATH" >/dev/null 2>&1 &

Two points:

- This reports on how things went via Growl---and it doesn't check if you
have it installed---so if you don't use it, you might want to go into the
'compile-report' script and change the Growl stuff to something else, like
maybe an AppleScript dialog box.  (Just redirecting the output of the script
to a tooltip won't work without serious additional fiddling.)

- This tries to preview using TeXniscope.

The typeset script works analogously. I'm also attaching a script that goes
to the next TeX error by looking at the output file and piloting TM via
AppleScript (which is a bit slow and causes the 'go to line' dialog box to
appear briefly), and one that compiles the current selected text (but
requires the whole document as input).

Hope some of this might be of some use... It's not particularly earth-
shattering, but works OK for me.