[TxMt] tabs

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Wed Dec 29 18:18:45 UTC 2004

A solution is to make an (advanced) option to change the tab-width
independent of the normal tab-size. Per default, the tab-width would
mirror the tab-size so pressing tab (in non-emulation mode) would
insert a tab character, but as an advanced setting you can set
tab-width to 8, while size is 4....   but I don't blame Allan if he
doesn't want to implement something like this.. It could be a mess :-p.

I have no idea why emacs uses this method (in its most usual setup),
but maybe to keep tab-width at 8 so it works with older apps and e.g.
HTML and such? But then, why not only use spaces and never tabs like
when TM is in emulation mode?... weird :-p.

--
Sune.
...the Cottage of Lost Play.