[TxMt] tabs

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Wed Dec 29 09:51:15 UTC 2004

On Dec 29, 2004, at 10:32 AM, Eric Ocean wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2004, at 5:01 PM, Patrick Kelly wrote:
>
>> Like I said, it may be possible for me to rid the files I edit of all
>> tabs by using the expand unix utility.  The problem with that is
>> causing large, meaningless diffs when I checkin my changes to CVS.
>
> You could always convert back to emacs style

I think calling that "emacs sytle" or relating this issue to emacs as
in other messages is not fair.

That's the configuration those folks happen to have. Of course emacs
can be configured to use soft tabs, and of course ANY editor that
allows hard tabs will have to mix tabs and spaces to line up certain
things. The mixture is the price you pay for using hard tabs in ANY
editor.

So the real problem is that the OP is not following the convention of
the team regarding soft/hard tabs. Not that the convention is wrong.

-- fxn