[TxMt] Three requests

Jarkko Laine jarkko at jlaine.net
Thu Dec 9 07:27:08 UTC 2004

On 9.12.2004, at 01:18, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Ah, but macros do not require you to write any code.
>
> Try this (menu choices):
>  Automation -> Start Macro Recording
>  Edit -> Select -> Line
>  Edit -> Cut
>  Automation -> Stop Macro Recording
>
> Now you have a macro that cuts the current line. You can then select:
>  Automation -> Save Scratch Macro
>
> Name it “Yank” and press ctrl-y while in the key equivalent field.
> Then you can use ctrl-y to cut the current line.

Ctrl-y is not "cut line" in emacs, that's what ctrl-k does. Ctrl-y then
pastes what has been saved to the kill buffer/clipboard by ctrl-k,
ctrl-w (cut selection) or M-w (copy selection).

I think what was desired was that if you kill several lines with
ctrl-k, you could paste them all with one keystroke using ctrl-y. This
would make it a bit harder to record as a macro (and would effectively
mean redefining ctrl-k, too, since it doesn't effect clipboard at the
moment).

//jarkko

--
Jarkko Laine