[txmt-dev] Re: Textmate svn problem

Mon Oct 14 10:34:45 UTC 2013

On Oct 14, 2013, at 11:57, Alexander von Below <below at mac.com> wrote:

> […] choosing "Bundles->Subversion->Diff->Diff with newest (HEAD)" gives me an error:
>
> "/Users/below/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Bundle Support.tmbundle/Support/shared/lib/ui.rb:308:in `to_plist': An object in the argument tree could not be converted (ArgumentError) […]
>
> Is there anything I can do do debug this? Is this an error in Textmate? Am I doing it wrong?

TextMate creates an object tree (in ruby) and calls ‘to_plist’ on the object tree to generate a property list.

This happens in line 308 of ui.rb (as per the stack trace).

The ‘to_plist’ method is failing because one of the objects in the object tree is not of a type understood by this method.

The ‘to_plist’ method comes from a binary ruby extension included in the Bundle Support bundle.

The error above can happen if you are using a ruby which is not binary compatible with the version of ruby that the extension was built for (as I think objects are identified by magic numbers or similar).

So to debug the issue, figure out what ruby you are using, what objects in the object tree is causing the problem, etc.