[SVN] Groovy Grails bundle.

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Sat Oct 6 01:33:48 UTC 2007

On Oct 2, 2007, at 6:46 PM, Luke Daley wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The "Groovy Grails" bundle is currently in the review section. Is
> there anything I can do to help get this bundle certified? Since
> uploading, it has undergone one change by Michael Sheets (r8178) to
> "Switch from /lib/dialog to /lib/ui".

I really thought I'd reviewed it long ago, guess because it took so
long for it to get put in review. Looked it now and commited my
comments. Contained below for ease…

# Groovy Grails Comments

## Infininight

* Grammar could use a less obscure name. HTML (Groovy Grails) perhaps?
* Shouldn't more of the template tags (g:textField, etc) be marked
up? (We are going to start marking up template tags with a unique
scope so it would help coloring.)
* Many of the snippets seem to have tab stops in the middle of the
blocks (for instance g:each), perhaps this is a bad idea since it
would mean you can't use any other snippets inside that block?
* For the two simple tag creation snippets you could use the ⌃>
shortcut, my ultimate goal is to make that the default shortcut for
"insert embedded tag here". Take a look at how it works for erb, hit
it once for a tag, and again to cycle through the tag types.
* New short tag has $4 at the end of the snippet, which means until
you tab your still in the snippet.
* Many of the <g:foo> snippets are inconsistent on wether they insert
a newline after the closing tag or not, should be standardized.
* Not sure about using the ⌃⇧G shortcut for all java/xml files.
But allan is the expert there so I'll let him comment.