tags instead of categories (was Re: [SVN] New info.plist keys for description etc.)

Benoit Gagnon b.gagnon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 23:25:26 UTC 2007

What I'm favoring, globally, is to completely separate the bundles
from the application. Updating TM would not include new bundles.
Downloading it the first time either, but instead would pop the bundle
manager to ask for bundles to download.

It's true that svn log will give me detailed changes to the bundles.
But it won't tell me easily what's new from the previous version I had
(I'd need to note down the revision I'm at first). Version control
logs are also rarely effective from an end-user perspective. I don't
see many applications dumping me their SCM log as "release notes"
whenever I update it.

As for the support directory, I don't see why it couldn't be a bundle itself.

Sorry for opposing some of you guys in this discussion; I'm really
excited about this new bundle system and I want to make sure my ideas
are dropped in the pre-prod pool :)