[SVN] r2829 (Ruby)

Duane Johnson duane.johnson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 23:18:51 UTC 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 10:38 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 7/3/2006, at 18:22, Duane Johnson wrote:
>
>>> The various Go to … commands though could likely use $TM_SCOPE to
>>> decide what action should be taken. And the ERB snippets should
>>> probably be moved out of the Rails bundle.
>> The Go To ... commands currently use language scoping to decide
>> what action should be taken.  That's what the meta.rails.* scopes
>> are for (meta.rails.controller, meta.rails.helper etc.).
>
> Yes, I got that :) What I meant is, you can have one command that
> is activated from all the scopes, and then have that command read
> the value of the TM_SCOPE environment variable to figure out from
> what scope it actually was activated.
>
> This would have the advantage of only one command, but as a
> disadvantage one could argue that the command then does “scope
> selection” normally performed by TM.

Ahh, I see.  Perhaps what I meant to point out was that having
multiple macros in this case is quite intentional--its happy side
effect is to produce a pop-up menu whose choices are easily selected
using the arrow keys or mouse.  If it were all in one command, I
don't know of a way to produce this pop-up selection effect without
requiring the use of the mouse (e.g. using CocoaDialog).

Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/